Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I plan to take this blog in an altogether different direction. I will still be adding content for my Reporting 3120 class, but also relevant content about the Memphis Music Resource Center.

Memphis Music is one of my many passions. Artists such as the Bar-Kays, Booker T. and the M.G.'s, Otis Redding, Rufus Thomas, David Porter have always been among my favorites. Naturally when the assignment came down to tackle a beat I immediately knew Memphis music would be my topic of choice.

I chose to report on the wonderful benefits of the MMRC. The MMRc has its own blog site, but I wanna scratch beneath the surface of what they are trying to accomplish and find out more about the individuals involved and their motives.

First up is one week from tonight the MMRC will host an event with Tunecore founder and C.E.O. Jeff Price titled 6 legal copyrights that drive the music industry.

R.S.V.P. here: http://tunecore.eventbrite.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment